These days, people are spending much more time at home, and even getting food delivered right to your door. Some theme parks and restaurant chains are even releasing some of their popular recipes online.
Chipotle is the most recent restaurant to join this new trend, releasing not only their guacamole recipe, but also a video of how exactly to make it. The best part of this recipe is that the simple ingredients are things that most people already have inside their kitchens.
Chad Brauze, an executive chef for Chipotle, posted a video to Chipotle’s official Instagram account in which he shares the chain’s signature guacamole recipe, how to make it, and even some additions or changes you can make to the recipe, as well as how to pick or find the freshest ingredients.
Here are the official Chipotle guacamole recipe ingredients:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 jalapeño including seeds (diced)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Here are the directions you need in order to make this Chipotle guacamole recipe:
1. First, cut both of the avocados in half and remove pits carefully. you can even save the pits and try to grow your own avocados if you want.
2. Next, scoop the avocados into a bowl.
3. Then, toss the avocados so they get coated with lime juice.
4. Then add the salt and mash the avocados until the mixture is smooth or has a uniform consistency.
5. Finally, fold in the remaining ingredients to the mixture and mix everything together until it’s well combined.
6. Lastly, taste the guacamole and add additional seasonings if you want. Grab some tortilla chips and enjoy.
Additionally, customers can easily double this recipe to make more guacamole or add in any different seasonings they want. But the above recipe is exactly what they serve to the customers at Chipotle.