Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and should be a filling meal filled with flavor and good portions. One breakfast staple is french toast, a sugary and cinnamon toast that is served with maple syrup. But french toast can also be served hot, or in another form, like as a muffin.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make french toast muffins:
¾ cup milk
⅓ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
6 slices of white bread
Butter, for serving
Maple syrup, for serving
Also, you will need a few baking utensils to make these muffins:
Measuring cups + spoons
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
3. Tear apart the bread slices into about 1-inch pieces, and submerge them in the egg mixture. Make sure the bread is fully coated before moving on.
4. Using a measuring cup, spoon in ⅓ cup of batter into each muffin liner. The batter will level up right under the lip of the liner, but please be careful not to overfill it. You want to divide the gooey bread pieces as evenly as possible.
5. Bake for 25 minutes at 375°F. Add a couple more minutes if you’d like your French toast a little more toasty! Make sure you set your timer for these muffins, it will be hard to tell visually when they are ready.
6. With oven mitts take the pan out of the oven. Let cool for 2 minutes, then serve warm with butter and maple syrup. `