Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Recipe
Salads can be simple, they don’t have to have a whole bunch of ingredients. In the summer months, salads more often than not also include fruits. This grapefruit and avocado salad recipe is a great summer staple. It’s also easy to make, with just two main ingredients. The vinaigrette is simple to make as well, and consumers can choose the ingredients they want for their desired tastes.
While this salad is without any lettuce, it is possible to add some if desired. This recipe currently serves about four to six people, but increasing the ingredients will increase the size of the portion, making this dish a great appetizer or party dish.
Because this is a two ingredient salad, it’s also possible to substitute one of the ingredients for something else, like instead of grapefruit, using pomegranate. This kind of change doesn’t affect the acidity or taste of the dish. It makes this salad a more versatile option, so that the dish can be used over and over again for different meals.
- 2 large red grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 4 ripe avocados
4. Spoon the vinegarette across the grapefruit and avocado on the plate. This serves as the salad dressing. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top if desired.