Homemade Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
This mozzarella stick recipe is the perfect choice for a fried, gooey snack! This recipe can get a bit messy, so be prepared for that.
- 12 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1 large egg
- 5 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp panko crumbs
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
5. Take the mozzarella stick from the freezer. One by one, place each stick in the flour bowl and make sure it is fully covered with flour.
6. Next, dip the flour-coated mozzarella stick in the egg mixture, once again making sure the stick is fully covered.
7. Then carefully place the mozzarella stick in the breadcrumb mixture, rolling it around so the stick is fully covered with breadcrumbs.
8. Finally, place the covered mozzarella stick on the baking tray. Then repeat the process with the remaining mozzarella sticks until all are covered as desired.
9. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up the cheese before baking. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
10. Get out a second baking sheet and lightly cover it with olive oil. Then place that mozzarella sticks on that baking sheet and cook in the oven for about five to ten minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and leave them out to cool before serving.