These homemade pizza rolls are a great way to experience eating pizza one bite at a time, without devouring a whole pie. Another great thing about this recipe is that the ingredients can easily be substituted, so different types of cheese or toppings can be used for more variety.
- 1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 package mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 package of pepperoni
4. Next, place a cheese stick on top of the slices of pepperoni. Repeat until all triangles have cheese sticks.
5. Carefully roll up the crescent roll triangle, long side first, rolling around the cheese and pepperoni and roll all the way to the opposite point. Repeat until all the crescent rolls have been formed. Be careful not to let the cheese and pepperoni fall out during the rolling.
6. Then place the rolls point side down onto the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake the rolls in the oven for at least ten minutes. Wait until the top of the crescent rolls have turned golden brown and the cheese has tried to ooze out of the crescent rolls.
8. Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool at room temperature for a few minutes. Serve immediately while they are still warm.