Rice Krispie Treat Turkey Legs Recipe
It’s almost Turkey Day! While everyone is busy preparing the usual Thanksgiving holiday staples like stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberries, pumpkin pie and of course pondering how best to cook the turkey, there are other alternatives as well.
Rice krispie turkey legs are a great turkey alternative or a fun way to celebrate turkey day with kids. These turkey legs are fun to make and assemble and they also taste delicious.
- 8 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 6 Pretzel Rods
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 Bag White Candy Melts
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
4. Take the remaining marshmallows and place them in a large bowl. Add in the butter and then place the bowl in the microwave for one minute. Remove the bowl and stir the butter and marshmallow mixture together until it’s completely smooth.
5. Then add on all the rice krispies to the bowl, mixing again until all of the ingredients are combined and the consistency should be rather sticky.
6. Grab a handful of rice krispies from the bowl and shape them into a ball with your hands. Then place the non-chocolate covered part of the pretzel rod into the rice krispie ball. Finally, use your hands to shape the rice krispie into a more oval shape on the prezel rod to resemble a turkey leg. It should cover the pretzel rod so only the white chocolate is showing.